Monday 22 June 2015

Finally I'm a Flower Girl!!!!!!!!
Prima Design Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Hello dear friends ♥  I have some very exciting news! ♥♥

You can see the announcement on the Prima blog HERE.  



For those of you who follow my blog regularly you will know that it became
a kind of "open secret" that I had my ♥ set on making the Prima team!


For me it's a personal/professional goal I set myself some years back
actually but as the years progressed so did my determination & focus.

Last year I was so honoured to be selected for a Guest Designer
 Position at Prima, in November HERE {that was on my 3rd 
application}.  As a word of encouragement for any wannabee
Prima designers {aren't we all?!?} - it can happen!


It is certainly not easy & does require tenacity & consistency,
but if you want something badly enough & set your mind to
working for it then I believe that there's a really good chance
 of success!!  For me, living in South Africa, is always a 
disadvantage for international applications, due obviously
to the high cost of postage & the wait for parcels to arrive,
but, even if you are in a similar situation to me as an
"international" Prima are known for always including
internationals in their team so keep believing!!

I think I am correct in saying that I am the first African EVER 
to have made the team & that feels pretty darn great :)

***My apologies to all my friends for dodging the Prima questions
these last couple of weeks but I had to keep this secret even
 though I was busting to tell you all!!***



21 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This is soooo awesome!!! I am excited and happy for you... to see your dream come true with determination, perseverance and craftiness. You go girl! You do wonderful things with their products. I look forward to more inspirational creations. Hugs.

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Congratulations! So very well deserved! Flower girl...the best thing ever! Have fun and I am looking forward to your creations!

Denise van Deventer said...

Congratulations Helen! This really is such an awesome achievement! ;-)
WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! XXX

Lizzy Hill said...

Sooooo happy and pleased for you....I know you've been 'busting your guts' for this for a long time.....& you'll be such a wonderful ambassador for them. They are lucky to have you:):)

Cindy Fortin said...

Wow Helen! This is so cool! I know how bad you wanted this position and saw how hard you worked to get it. You derserve it so much. Congratulations!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I am SO EXCITED you made the team! I think it made it even sweeter that you had to try so hard but didn't give up! And now look! Here's to the first South African Prima Designer! Well deserved! CONGRATS! I can't wait to see what FAB things you create!

Val-Belle said...

Congratulations :D that is wonderful news. You will rock it too. Can't wait to see what you do and how awesome to be the first African on the team <3

langeatheart said...

I can't think of a single person who deserves this happiness more! And thank-you Helen for inspiring me. I won't give up I will be tenacious and work hard! All the best my friend! :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Prima. Best thing ever! so so very happy for your Helen, I know what hard work lies behind it. Now you just enjoy the ride and have the best time ever creating with the world's best products. CONGRATULATIONS!! xoxoxox

Kathy Bradley said...

I'm so happy and excited for you, Helen! Your work is always wonderful and you are a wonderful inspiration to all.

Paula Calvanico said...

Congrats Helen on finally acheiving your dream! As one who has tried out for G45 4 yrs in a row, I know it takes tenancity. Enjoy your time with them <3

Paula

Sandi Clarkson said...

I just came by to congratulate you again on making the Prima team! I know this has been a dream of yours … and that makes it really sweet, knowing that you really worked for it! Enjoy every moment!

Gayle Price said...

Biggest congrats Helen. Yah for you !

Margaret Mifsud said...

Sooo pleased for you Helen .. you must be over the moon!! The best feeling when you get to realise one of your dreams!! Huge congratulations. Can't wait to see all the inspiration!! hugs xx

Words and Pictures said...

Huge congrats, Helen - what an achievement. You'll be a huge asset to the team.
Alison x

Giorgia Rossini said...

congrats!

chilli pip said...

Congrats you certainly deserve it. Your work is so individual , I can spot your layouts immediately . You will certainly be an asset to a very talented team !!!

phamil said...

OMG!!! Helen!!! We have taked about it forever, and dreamed about it and it HAPPENED! I am so sincerely happy for you!!! This is well deserved for you and I know you will do wonderful things with the team!!! BIG congrats my friend!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

Persistence and hard work pays off! BIGGEST congrats Helen. You will be amazing :D

Jean said...

I am not surprised! Congrats!!