Wednesday 1 April 2015

Always Summer - Scrap Around The World
April 2015 Mood Board







Hi everyone.  Today I am sharing with you all my DT work 
for Scrap Around The World's April mood board below.


The mood board is just too lovely I think.  I love the worn feel to it 
of course it was perfect to document my daily life in Durban, by the sea.


I began by using some wonderfully textured cardstock, spraying it liberally
 with different shades of blue mists, stencilling with shades of brown,
 adding texture with sand, then dry brushing over it with white.


The photo-strips are created in an editing software for Instagram & I love the look
 of them.  The photos illustrate the temperatures we experience in mid-Summer 
together with the places I go & types of food & drinks I eat in the heat.


The tabs & resist pieces come from back in the day when I was a Pink Paislee shopper.
I love that for challenge sites it doesn't matter what stash you use & you have the
freedom to combine all sorts of eclectic bits & pieces.  Real stash raiding...


The wooden flowers come from K & Co. & the resin frame
 & glittered buttons are local finds.  


The patterned paper is from 13arts original collection a couple of years back,cut in 
such a way that it makes the layout look like a map of the world floating on the sea.


The chipboard circles are from 2Crafty chipboard of course & I have used 
greeny blue embossing powders on them to give them a nautical shine :)
I HOPE YOU CAN PLAY ALONG WITH OUR CHALLENGE THIS MONTH!




10 comments:

Paula said...

Oh this is FANtastic! I love your background & your design...so many lovely details.

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks absolutely fabulous and totally evokes summer...love your insta photo strips & those 1/2 circles either end of the LO:) Happy Easter to you and yours, Helen:))

Wilma Voermans said...

Lovely background!It is almost Project life meets scrapbooking , I LOVE that!

Lizzyc said...

This is fabulous! You have put a lot of thought into your layout with the theme of your summer! Wonderfully created!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow!! LOVING how you did the strips with the COOL and the photos and loving the colors and the big circles!!!!!!

dstandard said...

Such a gorgeous page Helen! Love your background - just beautiful!

Mitralee said...

REALLY like this page! That blue is super cool as is the background treatment to the paper! SUPER PAGE! hugs for sharing this with us, Helen!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

So stunning! I love the design and textures here :)

Val-Belle said...

I love this new mood board but with the wedding and the charity scrap in CT and my three month overseas trip I have no time to scrap at the moment. I have one more DT project to do then I am done. NO more DT, no more classes, no more creating till I get back :(
I love your layout and it is so cool how the two halves come together. VERY cool photos.

Denise van Deventer said...

This is a fabulous page! I love the theme here and how you incorporated the different elements! It's funky and fresh and I absolutely love it! ;-)