Wednesday 9 July 2014

Inspirational Canvas for 2Crafty {Plenty of Prima flowers too!}






Hello & Happy Tuesday to you!  Not only am I without iphone but now I am without 
internet too!!  Who knew it was going to turn out to be one of those weeks?!? :/  
Well I am off to get a new phone today, which is not really a real problem solver 
as I cannot retrieve the information needed from my old phone, but this has
 happened so many times before I don't even bat an eyelid now...


You can see my post relating to this canvas, up at 2Crafty HERE at the moment.  
It mentions all the chipboard pieces by name & the different techniques I have
used on each of them so is not word for word the same as this post :)


I created this canvas for myself, for my studio.  I needed something as a focal point
 above my counter top where I create, where there is a small patch of wall above
 a big double window with blinds.  Hence the landscape orientation used.  


I love bright colours, glitter & PINK so all my favourite things are here!
I also love pretty Prima flowers & different leaf designs.  


I don't spend much time outside because our public areas in Durban are not safe 
so it is not comfortable or relaxing to do so & we only have a small garden,
so this is my way of bringing nature in :)


My studio walls are white & I love fresh, clean white too so I used hard modeling paste
 to create the detailed background design within the circular 2Crafty Florabella frame, 
which I painted white then sprinkled with glass beads whilst still wet.  


I used a greetings card for my saying {as I am without a printer for the moment -
apart from my little Canon Selphy} & matted it with some Prima Free Spirit
 patchwork paper.  I inked the edges first with an Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edger.

And there you have it.  So many little bits of 2Crafty Chipboard pushed in around my flowers,as well as the stunning 11 inch Florabella Frame & one of their exquisite &
 intricate titles.  I'm working using a 3G stick at the moment that could run out 
at any given moment so goodbye!  Thanks for the visit & see you soon!!



12 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, my gosh! You are certainly technology challenged ATM!! Like you say, tho...been there before....LOOOVE your little canvas. Especially the glittery bits:):) sooooo pretty:):)

Elaine coustley said...

Beautiful canvas. Love the bright colours and the flowers just gorgeous.x

yyam said...

Ooooh...pretty! Love the colours and all the sparkly bits! :)

P/s: The iPhone is possibly the easiest phone to backup ..every time you are on your computer..on iTunes. And when you get a new iPhone, everything syncs together. Hope you start backing up your new phone.

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful! Love the pink background and all the flowers!

Francesca Biancon said...

super wow!!

Lynnda said...

Beautiful canvas Helen!! Love the sparkles, flowers and colours too!! Hugs x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wowwwwwwwww!! This is gorgeous!!! I love love love love the colors and those flowers!!!!

dstandard said...

This is just so feminine and gorgeous! Beautiful work!

Eila Sandberg said...

Was just going to say this is so YOU - bright and happy with sparkle! love all the chippie and Prima yumminess, all very beautiful indeed!
Oh no! you've been haunted by all kinds of techy melt-downs, I would be a sobbing wreck! fingers crossed your phone issue sorts itself out without any glitches. xoxoxoxo

Marilyn said...

Pretty canvas!! so happy and bright... oh nooo, without internet again ohhh sorry girl...no phone neither...:( xo

Desire Fourie said...

A gorgeous little canvas with such inspirational words.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Denise van Deventer said...

Soooooo stunning! Love the sentiment again, which is so very true and is surrounded by the things I love...blooms, colour and that gorgeous chipboard! So awesome!