Tuesday 6 May 2014

"Always Wear Your Invisible Crown" Layout - 2Crafty Chipboard {7Dots Studio Cold Country Collection}





Hello out there!  I have a couple of new layouts up on the 
2Crafty blog HERE if you'd like to check out my post there.


My inspiration for this page came from the April challenge {that is still running} 
up at 7Dots Studio HERE entitled "April Showers Bring May Flowers".  I was inspired
 by the concept so went for a dark/moody/factory grey base then introduced dazzling 
gold & flowers to show the change from bad to good.  Dry to blossoming!  I was also
 inspired specifically by the colours in the flower in the top centre segment, 
which dictated the colour of my paints & accent embellishments. 


I just LOVED the dramatic grey paper & wanted to design my page
 around it so that the text print got shown off to it's full potential.


I took this photo of my younger daughter recently, from higher up than her
 on a staircase, with her crouching down holding onto the bars. Just one of 
those YES! moments & the result of it!!


I reduced it to a circle using the Picasa frames edit then used my
Creative Memories Circle Cutter to cut it out.  Definitely a MUST-HAVE
gadget that I don't use often, but when I do I realise that I couldn't be without it!


I used the Circle Revolutions frame around my photo, as well as the
 Flourish Adornments Set 3 photo adornments {cut up to the sizes I
 required} as well as this magnificent title from 2Crafty.  I've always 
wanted to use it & this photo was perfect for it!


I really had fun with the flourishes & a few colours of Rangers paint
 dabbers then added the dots & dashes with a Viva DecorPaper 
Pen.  I used a plastic bag on my background for the stippled effect.


I anchored thread, gold twine & craft wire under the chipboard too.
I love the dramatic simplicity of this layout!  Of course I added some
Raja Centres from Prima, in gold, along with a few of their tiny blooms
to finish off the whole "Princess" theme!  Thanks for swinging by!!



20 comments:

Evelyn Walter said...

This LO is soooo beautiful!!! I love the many, many little details on it and the message is great!
xxx Evelyn

Lizzy Hill said...

STunning! Your youngest looks soo mature here, too:) Gorgeous pic....looooove the 'play' with the darker colours & the gold [oh, yeah, gotta LOOOVE the gold!!] & the circle......perfect!!! New fave, me thinketh:):)

ALINE said...

This page is gorgeous!
I loved it!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Looooveee this page Helen!! The photo of your gorgeous daughter is awesome and I love all the gold on the background. Love all the threads, love the white splashes on the chippies ... I think I just love it all!! Absolutely divine work!!! ox

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love that photo, the colors and the amazing textures!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout and gorgeous photo!

Helen Wallace said...

What a great photo of your beautiful girl. Love the gold colour to highlight your title :D

Carin McDonough said...

Wow Helen, beautiful layout for a stunning photo! You have the most photogenic children :) Loving all the gold and I always wear my invisible crown ;D

Cindy Keogh said...

Gorgeous Helen, absolutely stunning!

dstandard said...

Not only is the photo simply gorgeous but your page is amazing! Such a beautiful page!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Stunning layout!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Looooove this page....everything about it is so perfectly perfect! Love the photo and your styling and all that divine texture! Fabulous, fabulous! x

Keren Tamir said...

Cami is so gorgeous wow, that's a stunning photo of her. I love the textures on this LO!! thanks for joining us in the 7 Dots Studio Challenge!!

Unknown said...

Hi Helen, your work is STUNNING !! I love this layout, especially how you have managed to highlight the circular photo. Thanks for your mixed media tutorials as that is an area that I am still trying to master LOL. Please could you tell me where in SA we can purchase the 2Crafty chipboards as they are to die for !!

Unknown said...

Hi Helen, this layout is gorgeous, your work is STUNNING !! Thanks for the mixed media tutorials as that is an area that I am still trying to master LOL. Please could you tell me where we can purchase the 2Crafty chippies in South Africa as they are to die for !!

Marjie Kemper said...

Amazing LO, Helen. All of your children must feel the love when you showcase them this way... you are a great mom!

Sandi Smith said...

Beautiful layout of a beautiful girl!! Stunning as always Helen! Thanks for playing along at 7 Dots Studio!!

wiosanka said...

Oh Helen! You know You rock! :-)

Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge :-)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Absolutely stunning layout! Love your composition and mixed media details! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

Eila Sandberg said...

OMG Helen! this sure is bull's eye! that photo of her is AMAZING, she is growing into a stunning young woman just like her sis! seriously love this layout, the colours and the details, aaahhh! xoxox