Monday 21 October 2013

'The Sweetest Friendship' Layout - Scrap Around The World - Prima "Anna Maria" Collection





Hello & Happy Monday :-D


Today I am sharing my Scrap Around The World
 October challenge layout that I did share with you 
earlier month, together with the reveal post, but no
 close-up shots or details so here they are!


I'm not crazy about this layout because it's not really "ME".  


I used dry techniques here instead of wet, to save time,
 because I was down to the wire on this one, what with
 having 4 new designers to integrate at SATW it had been 
a busy month for me there & I ran out of time.


So this was speed scrapped in an hour on an adrenaline rush :)


I used Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in Yellow 
Rose of Texas & Pink Ladies Pink Flat Fabio.


I used an eclectic assortment of embellishments -
a gorgeous GOLD doily from dear Mitra in the USA,
some bling flourishes from Flourish with a Bling, 
some Prima flowers & embellishments & some 
Webster's Pages flowers & embellishments too.


To try to make this layout look more "mine"I stamped randomly 
with stamps from Fenwick & Prima.  I also added some dry 
wall tape, a double-bow & some sugar dots & loose bling 
for a confetti look.  It's pretty but TOO BUSY!! 

 I really need to know when to STOP!!!!




22 comments:

yyam said...

I love it!
It's gorgeous! I love the random stamping and little bits here and there. Best use of an hour! :)

Elaine coustley said...

I think it's a great layout.I love all the bits & bobs you've managed to get on it, the sweet photo still stands out beautifully. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and this one has flowed on to be remarkable in my eyes, x

Amy Voorthuis said...

Wow I love this layout Helen!! Your handwritting and stamping is awesome and what a fun collection by prima....need to get that paper too lol hugs Amy ;-)

Elena Olinevich said...

Wwwwooooow, every time I see your new page I just wonder how busy and creative you are. Perfectly done

Camila Borssoi said...

Hi Helen, I think it is a gorgeous layout with a lot of details, not too busy! Have a creative week.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is gorgeous!!! Love love love the colors, the layers and loveeeeeeeee all the circles!!!!!!!

Bellaidea said...

when I will make a comment "love it" will you know I adore this page?

Val-Belle said...

Truly gorgeous layout for this very special friendship. There is nothing nicer to me than to see that close bond between siblings.
You always have sooooo much going on on your layout yet you managed to retain the feel of white space too. An awesome achievement. So many little details to look at. A beautiful layout Helen.

Giorgia Rossini said...

it's not too busy, it's perfect!

Lizzy Hill said...

REALLY???? I LOOOOOOVE it...new fave, without a doubt...& I ain't just saying that!!! The softness, the prettiness, the random circles (they seem a theme here!)....those yellow splotches...I really, really, think this is fabulous. A little OTT, if you pushed me...but of course, what' NOT to like about that???!!!!! LOL:):):)

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thgis looks amazing! The colors and mix is perfect.....so stunning Helen!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Such a pretty layout! It's wonderful!

ALINE said...

So beautiful!

Maria said...

Great layout. love all the different embellishments you have used all ties in so well

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! soooo much to love about this layout... I must have that circle stitched stamp!! lol!

Lynnda said...

yeah I love it... love the background job! Especially the arrow stamping!... This layout is beautiful!.... You have the magic ... to make beautiful things!... hugs...x

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a beautiful photo of your gorgeous girls. It is wonderful that they are friends and sisters. I love all the techniques you used on this layout. I still don't know how you juggle work and so many scrappy layouts.

Denise van Deventer said...

Fabulous, fabulous page! Soooo many gorgeous details and a stunning background!I love all the added texture and the super photo's! Beautiful work Helen! ;-)

Debbi Tehrani said...

So beautiful, Helen! Gorgeous layering and details, and what a delightful photo! Loving all the stamping!

Mitralee said...

Rockin' doilies! Love it to bits!!!

;-) Glad you found them useful!

HUGS!

Marjie Kemper said...

Sooooooo much goodness! Love it, especially all the stamping.

Eila Sandberg said...

Nope, cannot see that this one's not YOU because it is in my books! even if you didn't use wet mediums, it still bears a distinc feel of "made by Helen". Can relate though to not being satisfied yourself and others liking it anyway. Mwah!