Thursday 20 June 2013

'Romance'Layout - Purple Pumpkin {My Last Project}





Today is my posting day over at Purple Pumpkin.  
 I have had a blast there for the best part of a year, had 4 Purple Pumpkin layouts published & given of my very best but it's time to move on now - I have a lot on my plate & my style has been heading in a different direction lately - my days of brightly coloured layouts are over & I'm feeling the love for lots of gesso, mixed media & paler shades.

I'm there until the end of July, commenting & voting on the sketch challenge that runs through to the end of the month. 

Don't forget to come & play - we have new rules & anyone can win - even without using Purple Pumpkin stash - and we have Guest Designer positions on offer for the winners too!

I've copied & pasted my post directly from Purple Pumpkin here below.

Hello there Purple Pumpkin fans!
Yes I am going to miss saying that 3 times a month LOL!!
This is my last post for Purple Pumpkin - thank you for having me :)

I have had a lot of fun here with my dear old friend Vicky Varvadouka  -
10 months all in all, if you include my initial GDT.  
But all good things must come to an end & I am moving on - 
please don't forget about me ladies!  
I hope that I have provided some inspiration to you during my time here!

You are most welcome to keep up with me on my blog HERE & come 
& play along at my challenge blog - Scrap Around The World - HERE.

Sam has very generously agreed to sponsor our 4th prize there
 for an entire year - THANK YOU SAM!!  


On with the show!  This is how I go about creating with Purple Pumpkin products. First I choose what products I am going to use.  I wanted to do a rainbow-type layout so I selected what I could find in my stash that would help me achieve an ombre/rainbow type look.


I had a photo in mind that I wanted to use & I printed it out in black & white as it was a mobile phone photo & not the best quality.  Doing this always 'saves' less than perfect photos.  I added a vintage hue to it to tie in with the yellow tones.


I began this layout by stamping with a Prima stamp around the perimeter of where I knew the photo would go (in the centre) then I used gel medium to apply some offcut strips of burlap (hessian) that I had leftover from a previous project.


Once that was stuck down I brushed over the burlap with gesso paste then added some watercolours around the edges of the burlap.  Then I flicked on some black mist, dried everything off with my heat gun, glued my entire page to a thin sheet of chipboard to flatten it out then added some white sponging of gesso around the edges of my page.


Lastly I positioned my Purple Pumpkin embellishments together with some chipboard words from Scrapmatts & some leftover bling dots from Flourish with a Bling.  As I wanted a muted layout I finished off by protecting my photo with a piece of acrylic plastic while giving my page a light spray of "Calico White" by Studio Calico (Mister Hueys).

All the items shown in my first supplies photograph can be found in the Purple Pumpkin online store HERE

 (Yoyo flowers, patterned fabric buttons in Large & XLarge, resin roses & flairs)
Miss you Already!



25 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so Adorable love the flower's

sandi said...

Oh how pretty Helen! So dreamy looking!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very pretty and oh so soft. I love it.

Ульяна и Полина said...

Как красиво!!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Very sweet! I loved your bright, funky pages with Purple Pumpkin.

Unknown said...

What a super stunning page, helen, really very beautiful and full of amazing texture! Love it!

Marjie Kemper said...

I love that rough burlap base and the soft pink flowers on top... such great contrast. It's a pleasure viewing your work, Helen.

juscrap said...

Hi dear friend! This is another gorgeous layout! xoxo

Kerryn said...

Your style has taken quite the journey but no matter what direction it heads in the result is always gorgeous!

Keren Tamir said...

You rocked Purple Pumpkin. And this LO is fantastic. Love the combo of colors here

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! LOVING those flowers, the texture and the buttons!!

yyam said...

Amazing textures here. Love how you toned everything down with gesso.

brigitte said...

stunning!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!!!!! Love it!! Love how you've altered the embellishments - looks stunning! :D

Ava Gavloski said...

lovely layout, thanks for the deets on how to get the look helen

ava

Mitralee said...

Very cool! I think it's interesting your tastes are changing! Sometime it would be fun to do a Helen Time Line and see where you have been and how your style has changed! Interesting concept on the white spray at the end...very cool!

Rachael Funnell said...

TOTALLY love this BEAUTIFUL layout!! The color combo is FABBO...

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, that background with the hessian looks amazing! And I love that you've used so many buttons yet it it looks great and not overdone! Gorgeous photo too!

Lynnda said...

Great textures Helen... this is so pretty!hugs...x

Sandie said...

I have enjoyed your layouts and creations from your time with PP ... I am sure they are very sad to see you go.... Love your LO and how you used gesso to calm the colours!

Debbie said...

Will miss you over at Purple Pumpkin Helen! Gorgeous layout! Love all of the PP goodies you incorporated into it!

Marilyn said...

Ahwww,,BELLO, BELLO!!! love it!!!

Leonie said...

Wow I totally love this one Helen. Fabulous textures and love the end white wash to finish it off. Awesome!

Denise van Deventer said...

Aaaah this is just stunning! The texture, colouring and styling are a hit! Beautiful work!

FiKenward said...

This is such a fabulous page Helen, love it.