Monday 15 October 2012

Mixed Media Artist at My Creative Scrapbook!





Yes you read that right!   Don't worry I myself nearly choked 
on my coffee!!  Isn't it wonderful?!  I'm so incredibly excited 
about it and the best news of all is my kit is here and it is
 AWESOME!!   This week I will be tucking into it and soon
 you'll see the fruits of my labour :)

I am so looking forward to this opportunity and working with
 and getting to know some wonderful and superbly talented ladies.
 Read all about my appointment HERE and if you have a minute 
(or 20) watch this video. I have a very short attention span
 but this is riveting...MAKE GOOD ART!!



The 3 things that REALLY struck a chord with me were:-

1. Always believe wholeheartedly in what you are doing - 
I've always done that, if I don't like certain products 
I don't use them no matter how popular they are.
 I need to feel the passion!

2.  Don't say yes to everything. Always ask yourself whether 
it's taking you closer to the mountain or further from it. 
(The mountain being where you want to be). 

This is incredibly difficult to do and frightening but I've
 done it 6 times this year and it's been worth holding 
out for what IS bringing me closer to the mountain!

3.  MAKE GOOD ART. I'm also a great believer in dedication
 and consistency. Andy Warhol said a similar thing.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done.
Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad,
whether they love it or hate it.
While they are deciding, make even more art."
                                                                                     
 I also follow Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog and she is prolific.
 I believe in plenitude. Practice makes perfect and art, like 
anything else, is a discipline. If you want to get somewhere 
with it, like a professional sports person, it's going to take
 time and dedication. Just do it - Make Good Art!!




21 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! Helen when I seen this wonderful news of yours.... I was/am SUPER DOOPER HAPPY for you... THIS is Soooooo RIGHT up your alley!!! A ToooooooooooooT TOOT!! CONGRATS!!

Kerryn said...

Wow, that is so awesome Helen! Congratulations!!

Sandie said...

So excited for you Helen, I read about this and went 'oh yeahhh' ... a huge congratulations... cannot wait to see your DT creations!

Lynnda said...

OH WOW this is awesome!!! COngrats Helen!!! I'm so happy for you... hugs...xoxo

Mitralee said...

WHOOHWOOOHOOO!!!! High five from NY!

Good points on creativity as well!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am UBER EXCITED for you! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Oh Helen, huge congratulations!! You're so perfect for this!! Happy dance for you!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

sandi said...

So excited for you Helen! Glad you love the kit....can't wait to see your creations with it...I know it going to be "good art"....yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evgenia Petzer said...

Congratulations! you really deserve:)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I am so happy for you...that is awesome news...I can't wait to see what you are going to do with their mixed media kits.

Keren Tamir said...

1. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!! I'm soooooooooooooo happy and excited for you and can't wait to see what you create!!

2. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the video which I feel was what I needed right now as an affirmation!!

3. Thank you for being in my life!!

Bernadine said...

So deserving and could not be more happy for you.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow. Congrats. I am so thrilled for you that your talent gets rewarded and seen worldwide.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Svjetlana said...

Congrats Helen, I am looking forward to see your creations.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Make Good Art...TFS :)))

Alison said...

Congrats Helen ....much deserved!!
Alison xx

Alison said...

Congrats Helen ....much deserved!!
Alison xx

jeanie g said...

So so pleased for you Helen, many congratulations. I did watch the video and I've sent it to my daughter too. I think I've been circumnavigating that ......mountain all my life, no direction until I discovered art and papercrafting. Thanks for your words on my blog too. Things have been happening, bad things which I cant make public so Mitra and your words were very comforting.xx

Theresa said...

Congrats on moving towards what you want. I have listened to this speech four times now and I get more out of it each time. I hope more people listen to him and really hear what he is saying. We will all be making great art. thanks as always for sharing.

Marilyn said...

A HUGE Congrats my dear friend!!! This is an awesome news....We have been in a lovely journey together since Scrapbookchallenges ,,,times flies!! :O
I can't believe we do it again!!
So happy and excited for both, I saw the video and I loved!! so true!!! and I think that we feel passion and enjoy this so much that means that we are "Making Good Art"!!!! lol! TFS!!!
Hugs!

Eila Sandberg said...

It was a truly joyful joyful day when you shared the news and I was smiling like a mental reading it! My friend Helen, wowzer!! Mwah mwah mwah!