Thursday 6 September 2012

Outreach Scrapbooking! Please Donate your Used Supplies!!






IF YOU ARE HERE FOR THE CREATIVE SCRAPPERS
BLOG HOP PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT POST

Hi there people!  Good news!!  I am feeling a lot better!  Wooooooo!!!
Only problem now is I have no computer!  Bummer!!  The thing blew
up on me on Friday but fortunately I had a number of posts pre-scheduled.
I should be getting my pc back on Friday {hopefully} but until then I
 can't print any photos or use my e mail {except on my phone} so it's a PAIN!!


***Please read then contact Diana for her mailing address if you are able to donate ANY TYPE OF SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES & post them off to Jamaica - do your bit to spread the scrapbooking LOVE & feel free to spread the word!  Copy and Paste Diana's intro & let's see how much stash we can get winging it's way to her!***

Anyway!  I have a very interesting story to share with you today!
Let me introduce to you my long-time online bloggy buddy Diana.
You can see her blog HERE.  PLEASE READ IT and help Di out.
She is a dear friend & a beautiful person & is doing something with
SCRAPBOOKING to really MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

I am SURE that MOST of us scrapbookers don't end up using
everything we buy.  I have sent Di 2 gigantic envelopes FULL
of half used alpha packs that quite frankly were just clogging up
my alpha baskets.  I could have used them if I was really pushed
& didn't mind jumbling up my alphas, which I do mind!  So
sending them to Jamaica gave me a "feel good" buzz!  Way better!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

READ WHAT DIANA HAS TO SAY

Hi, I'm Diana, formerly a "lonely scrapbooker" from Jamaica, but now I'm "scrapbooking from the heart"--following my passion and spreading the scrapbooking love here in Jamaica.   One of the ways I feed my passion and spread the love is through "outreach scrapbooking" where I scrapbook with tween and teen girls who are living in girls' homes. They are in state custody and have been removed from their homes for their safety because they have been abused or have suffered some type of trauma.

  I go with a couple of other scrapbookers, take photos of the girls, print them on the spot and we do scrapbook pages with positive messages. I take all the tools and supplies. All of the supplies are my own that I am no longer using, or are donated by other scrapbookers.  I am now collecting any and all supplies and tools that anyone is willing to mail to me in Jamaica. If you mark the package "used craft supplies" I shouldn't get charged any customs duty.

 I have quite a bit of paper, and 12x12 paper is expensive and heavy to mail, so if you have alphabets (half-used packs are fine), and embellishments of all sorts (out of fashion, partially used packs), you can stick them in a regular large letter sized envelope, and I will use them with the girls. Any and everything will be greatly appreciated and used up with lots of love. 

 I blogged about my outreach scrapbooking recently here and also answered some of Helen's own questions about it here. The first post also has links to the origins of this whole project. I also post links about outreach scrapbooking and scrapbooking in general on my facebook page

Please email me at artemis.jamaica@gmail.com if you would like to send me stuff so I can send you my mailing address and also if you have any more questions.

And please feel free to re-post!

 Thanks !!!!





10 comments:

FiKenward said...

This is such a wonderful thing to do. I donate to a similar group here in QLD. These kids only see their siblings if they are lucky once a year so the camp is designed around them spending time with each other without being in foster care. I supply them with pre-made pages that my friend Rach and I have sat down for hours creating. Its quite a rewarding feeling, good luck with it all.

Lizzy Hill said...

Have sent off an email to Diana - GREAT idea:):) Also posted it on my blog from yours. Good luck with the computer:):):)

Lynnda said...

Such a wonderful thing to do Helen.. thanks for sharing it here with us...Hope you'll receive your PC tomorrow... Good luck.... hugs..xoxo

Diana said...

I love it! Thanks so much! "Give from the heart" -- very coool. Lizzy emailed me already! xoxo

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Will follow up on this, Helen. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad you are feeling better!!!! This is a GREAT CAUSE!! I will email her tonight when I get home!!!!

sandi said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Sorry to hear about your computer. Hopefully you'll get it on Friday! :)

Bellaidea said...

Good idea, Helen!

Keren Tamir said...

this is amazing!! I will collect some stuff for sure. we all have so much leftover!
Sorry to hear about your computer!! but I'm glad you are feeling better!!

Marilyn said...

Super great idea and cause!!! I'll send it!!