Monday 3 September 2012

My Flowers Layout {C'est Magnifique Guest Designer} Riddersholm Papers




***Hi everyone :)  
Just letting you know that these last few posts have been prescheduled - I've just popped in to update this one to say that I am still sick - unfortunately my flu has turned into bronchitis & is no better after 4 days on antibiotics - I owe so many people comments and as soon as I am well I'll be visiting you all & catching up!  Hope you are all well!! ***

Here I am with my 2nd layout for my Guest Designer stint at
C'est Magnifique to show you!



To be honest with you peach is NOT a color I scrap with often at all - I find it does strange things to skintones - BUT - it sure does look GREAT with black and white photos! I grabbed this shot of my 4 kids just before they set off around the garden in search of their Easter Eggs {yes the Easter Bunny still visits them all even though 3 of them are teenagers!!}. 



Of course their clothing was a mish-mash of trendy neon colors so converting my photo to black and white was the only way to save it! 



I used LOADS of journaling as I loved the "scrabble style" alphas that came with the embellishment add-on. If I have one regret in life it's wasting time on people that haven't reciprocated my affections. 



I'm hoping my kids won't make the same mistake so I often make layouts for our family album, that contain meaningful quotes which I hope will give them food for thought. 



I recolored the Maya Road flowers by simply inking up the top petals & I took my flag sentiments & fussy-cut clock (riiiight at the very top, tucked under my flower cluster)
 from the Prima packaging. 



See that black sentiment banner above?  That is part of the Prima packaging!


Supplies List for 'My Flowers' Layout


Papers Used:- Riddersholm Design Huntington Garden

Tea Room
Friends

Kit Embellishments Used:-

Green Tara: Gardenias: Peach
Prima: Flutter Bits: Nature's Garden
American Crafts: Thickers: Dear Lizzy: Splendid

Flower Add-on Used:-

Prima: Charme Rose: Nature's Garden
Prima: Coventry: Tranquil
Maya Road: Vintage Lace Daisies: Milk
Prima packaging {sentiments}

Embellishment Add-on Used:-

Heidi Swapp: Color Magic: Banner Delights
Zva: Pearl Flourish
Want2Scrap: Bonnie's Birdcage
American Crafts: Dear Lizzy: Letter Stickers

Items used from my own stash:-

Gesso - Claudine Helmuth
White Acrylic paint - Dala
Clear Glitter
Color Box Ink - Lime, Lilac & Peach
Creative Memories Journaling Pen




19 comments:

Jess said...

gorgeous! great pic!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that quote and love love love love the colors and the photo!!!!!

Adriana B said...

fabulous layout, hope you get better soon :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout, Helen!! I love the long title!!

Keren Tamir said...

This is gorgeous!! I can't believe you are still so sick! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Kerryn said...

Love what you've done with these colours. Such great advice too. Hope you're feeling better soon.
x

topkatnz said...

Love that sentiment:)

Leonie said...

Gorgeous layout Helen.
Hope you get well soon, take it easy and concentrate on that, the blog world can wait. xx

Svetlana Austin said...

this is such a cool project! - some pretty flowers for the girls and then some grunge touches for the boys - all in all the combination is just perfect!
it is a shame to hear how bad it turned. I hope that antibiotic will help you feel better very soon. take good care of yourself! hugs ♥

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous!! I don't use peach much either, and you rocked it! Love your beautiful clusters and drippy gesso below the photo. Love this quote!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Heather McMahon said...

That sentiment says it all really. So, keeping in mind that I should act like a flower and not a weed, I really, really hope you get better soon!

sandi said...

Simply beautiful! Love the lettering and the gorgeous mix and design Helen. Such a beautiful pic as well.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Marelize said...

Beautiful layout of your flowers Helen! Hope you feel better real soon. xx

Lynnda said...

Oh wow... Loving the photo...those blooms...the grundge background too... loving it... This page is absolutely stunning Helen...I hope you feel better soon... hugs...xoxo

FiKenward said...

Great use of the those letter stickers Helen, such a beautiful layout.

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh NO Helen, not bronchitis!! that's just awful. So so hoping the meds are kicking in real good. I used to hate orange or anything remotely close to it, but have ended up loving peach and every tone from there to orange. Your lovely B&W photo is perfect with the papers and colour scheme, such a beautiful layout! xoxo

Mitralee said...

oh the closeups make me so happy!!! AND the painty drips!!! LOVELY stuff right there, love this layout!

Marjie Kemper said...

Wonderful advice! Love the sentiment and the photo of your sweet ones. Beautiful LO.

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Hope you're feeling better now Helen...love the way you used those mini stickers for sentiments...very creative...love the colors on this LO...gorge! :)