Thursday 30 August 2012

Relax Layout {C'est Magnifique August Sketch Challenge - Maja Designs} & some Chitter Chatter!






Hi there my friends!  I have missed you all soooo much this
week - truly I have!!  I know I owe almost everyone some
blog loving and I do intend to visit you soon, soon, soon!

I am playing nurse to 3 sick kiddies right now, no fun! 
 I am not in a great way myself either so that doesn't make 
it any easier!!  I caught pneumonia twelve years ago 
and ever since then I can be guaranteed that, when I get
 flu, it goes straight to my chest, so I am sounding
 like something you wouldn't like to be hearing right now LOL - 
coughing like an old hobo!!  

Anyway, yet again it's another month end and I haven't done all 
the challenges I wanted to do!  Sound like a familiar lament 
anyone?!? I wish I could just stay in bed watching videos
 on my laptop but that just isn't my style!!  I am ever the 
optimist that I may be able to squeeze in a couple more
layouts before the 31st gets here & there are a couple of
exciting DT calls on right now that I am applying to so I
can't afford to be slothing around right now.

I know it's not really the 'done thing' to be discussing what
we apply for but I know we all do secretly send off our
applications don't we?!  Well I've been disappointed a 
couple of times lately.  I am aiming pretty high with what
I am after these days and the competition out there is just
so stellar at the moment, don't you agree?  Yikes this year
the teams are full of absolute superstars & it actually spurs
me to try harder & harder, so with one of my DT terms
coming to an end soon I am looking to replace it, got to
think positively right?!?

Well I got this one done!  Yaaaaay!!  The August Sketch challenge
over at C'est Magnifique, where I am guest designing this month!


I really liked this sketch & had the perfect photos ready
 to match the beautiful Maja Design papers.


I really tried 'to get the balance right' with this one
& not submit to the temptation to over-embellish.


All products used here are from my C'est Magnifique kits 
except of course the punches & stencil.


The flourish & vine were from the C'est Magnifique store,
where they carry all sorts of pretty 'extras' to co-ordinate
with the kits.


I try to tell a story with most every layout I create,
rather than just having some pretty pictures with a title.


I used a couple of different stencils on this background.
See the vintage doily one peeking out from under the
flowers?  Thanks to Mitra from the US for that beauty!


I've been using a lot of Prima packaging on my layouts
recently - see that clock face in there behind the butterfly?


Supplies List for 'Relax' Layout

Papers - Maja Design - Summer Basics - Sweden
Stencils - Crafter's Workshop Reverse Chicken Wire 6"
Vintage Plastic Doily
Grey Ink - Prima - Old Road
Cream ink - Memories Mist
Purple Ink - Pretty Color
Alphas & vine stickers - Kaisercraft Lakehouse
Rhinestone flourish, braid flowers, butterfyl,
vine & resin bench - Prima
Beaded stems - Petaloo
Large flower & Teeny roses - Green Tara
Smaller ivory flowers - Manor House
Lace - May Arts
Punches - Martha Stewart - Deep Edge Floral Vine
 & Swirling Lace





35 comments:

Unknown said...

You perfectly balanced your layout. I love it ! Good luck with the sick kids !

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Your page composition and balance are perfect! I love the colors and embellies on this one. Good luck with the DT applications. With your talent, getting in should be a breeze :)

Stefanie said...

Gorgeous, I love the soft floral print and the pops of colour from the tiny blossoms.
Good luck with your applications.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Love this sweet and romantic page layout,,,,especially the way you used the picture with different positions,and these gorgeus and stunning flowers.Thanks for your comments at Mitra blog,,,,about the cigar box with my picts. Feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff , email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Samantha Hauzer said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout Helen! I love all the layering and all the little details on your layouts :) Hope you and the kids feel better soon :)

Lynnda said...

I hope you'd feel better soon....Coughing is no fun ... and nursing 3 sick kiddos is tough.... Hope all these will passed soon...thinking of you my friend....

This page is absolutely STUNNING .... I love it... You rock... hugs...xoxo

sandi said...

Oh Helen this is just absolutely beautiful! Love everything about this! You really have done a wonderful creation with the sketch!
Good luck on your DT app.

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Helen. One can hear the birdies sing in your page's garden. Really hope you and the family will be better soon. Don't worry about that voice, its probably very sexy right now ... lol
Hugs
Desire

Tracee said...

I think you got it Spot On and I love the beautiful colours, they compliment your gorgeous pic perfectly Hope you are feeling better soon and Good Luck with your applications! Tx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have applied for a recent DT call too.... fingers crossed for me and YOU!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! GORGEOUS photos and love love love the flowers and loveeeeeeee that little bench!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

PS... FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!! :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Perfectly perfect...colours, balance, photos...& I'd have you on my team in an instant......if I HAD a team:):):). Good luck with the applications:):):)

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Helen! You have such a way with clustering your embellishments.... I just adore your pages. Good luck with the DT apps!

Tina said...

Beautiful Helen! and good luck with your submissions!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous layout Helen...I love your choice of embellishments....what is that turquoise swirl at the bottom? I am sure you will be accepted in many of the DT's you apply to.

dstandard said...

Absolutely gorgeous - your daughter is beautiful too. Hope you are all feeling better by now!

Unknown said...

wow love it love it so stunning!!!

hugs Carla

juscrap said...

absolutely gorgeous!I love it ! Good luck with the sick kids

topkatnz said...

Ahhhh, such a pretty layout:) hey, you know I don't secretly apply to anything - you are a lot braver than me, because of course there is disappointment. Sorry. But, hey you've had HEAPS of success too. You should be very proud! Although I think it takes bravery and strength to keep on saying no as I do too:) hope that cough goes soon - that's always the revolting stage of any bug!!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Helen! What a stunning layout! I love the sweet photo and and all the beautiful flowers! So much eye candy to take in!

Shell said...

Helen this is a stunner! Luv everything about it! I hope ur kids & urself get better soon. Good luck with ur DT calls. I agree it is getting tougher & tougher!

Theresa said...

Simply gorgeous. I don't know what these DT folks aren't seeing, but I love your layouts. I use you as inspiration all the time. thanks as always for sharing.

Marelize said...

The detail on this layout is just mind-blowingly gorgeous Helen! I'm at a lost for words. :):)

Keren Tamir said...

wow Helen!! this layout is absolutely stunning!! she is gorgeous and I love the flowers you used to match. great take on the sketch.
I do hope you all feel better soon. Good luck on your applications although I've been checking and I don't see anything am I missing something??? lol

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, wow, Helen - what a stunning LO. Love the design and color palette!! Your flower clusters are amazing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Bente Fagerberg said...

You scrapped these pretty pics of Cami to perfection. I agree that with embellishing you have a choice; to embellish or to over embellish. Today those are just two 'accepted' styles. We see a lot of over embellishing from the super talented scrappers who receive so much free product that we can only dream of recreating their work. I actually like'overembellished los' too. But sometimes the embellishments shine and not the artwork.... On this one you certainly made it shine all on your own!! I love it!

Alison said...

Love your clusters..hope you are all beginning to feel better!
Alison xx

FiKenward said...

Beautifully soft and pretty, gret use of products and always lovely photos .

Bellaidea said...

Fantastic photos on your beautiful page. I hope you all feel better now. Sorry I had no chance to visit you as much as I would like during Summer but I had no chance to use my laptop too much and was traveling a lot. I did not work a lot on my pages so no need to vist me:) I will start working agai on Wen so you are welcome soon:). Missed our chatting a lot!

yyam said...

Ooooh...sooooo very pretty! Love how you work those blooms. :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...sooooo very pretty! Love how you work those blooms. :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...sooooo very pretty! Love how you work those blooms. :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...sooooo very pretty! Love how you work those blooms. :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Dearest Helen, you have had and are having so much success in your scrappy life. You're practically soaring darling! You will get the yes from the right places and if you don't, the time isn't right yet. This is a PERFECT shabby page Helen! so so pretty and absolutely wonderfully balanced. Not too much or too little of anything, just beautifully enough. Gorgeous work! xoxo

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Scrapped to perfection...lil Cami's pic with the blue background and floral embellies are very very sweet...love your take on the sketch...turned out amazing! :)