Sunday 19 August 2012

In His Huge Hands {Creative Scrapper Sketch 222}






Sketch 222 went live over at Creative Scrappers
 HERE today - this is it!
Here is my interpretation of it, using my new
  C'est Magnifique August kit, full of Maja Designs
from Sweden, very pretty papers!


I just LOVE this base paper the most - I must check if
 there is more!  Awesome for backgrounds don't you think? 
 Come back later for a tutorial on how I achieved the extra
 background work by making my OWN stencil :)


I embellished with the Leaky Shed chipboard flourish provided,
but I cut mine into two and blinged it up with microbeads.


I painted my chipboard with white acrylic for a thick, opaque
look, then I inked with grey & rubbed on some Liquid Pearls,
then used the Distress Stickles in the kit as a glue to adhere
the pearls.  Just turned the flourish over & pressed into the beads.


I used the Prima bird provided but I recoloured him with
all the same mediums as my flourish (minus the beads!)


You can see a bit more of the glittery wings from this angle.


I inked and matted a selection of prints before layering them
up then adding a few punched strips in the strongest colour.


I used the Kaisercraft alphas from the kit and hand-journaled.


I treated the beautiful new Green Tara  flower with some
finger smudges of Liquid Pearls too.  I love how the
 "Peacock" colour adds a bit more intensity and makes
 the flower POP more dramatically.

Supplies List for "In his Huge Hands" Layout

All Paper - Maja Designs (Sweden)
Everything from C'est Magnifique August 2012 kit
except for paint, Liquid Pearls, ink & microbeads.
Chipboard Flourish - Leaky Shed Studio
Ink - Old Road - Prima
Liquid Pearls by Ranger (Peacock Color)
Distress Stickles - Ranger
White Acrylic paint - Dala
Journaling pen - Creative Memories
Alphas - Kaisercraft
Resin Bird - Prima
Flower - Green Tara




18 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

This is AWESOME, Helen. Love the way you treated the chippie and the bird. The pp makes a perfect background for all the gorgeous elements. I am so inspired by this page of yours.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I am back to say 'Congrats' on the Prima Feature! WTG :)

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely packed with gorgeousness, Helen. I love the shabby chic feel to this.
Hugs
Desire

Lizzy Hill said...

This is really cool. Love the bg ppr too...& great hint for attaching beads....if I remember it!!! Looks wonderful. It's a really nice snap, too:):):)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Awesome work with the kit Helen. LOVE your take on the sketch too. And the sentiment is beautiful :)

Evgenia Petzer said...

Another stunning project! yep, we think the same:)))

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the background, and love love love love that bird!!!

tania said...

oh this is a beautiful layout helen:)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This is stunning! That photo is so precious. Your embellis techniques are amazing! Lovin' the white hatch markings in the background. Looking forward to seeinh your tutorial.:)

Rachael Funnell said...

This is TOTALLY AWESOME.... What a BEAUTIFUL photo of Father & Daughter!! & What you have done with the Chippie & the bird looks FAB!!!!

yyam said...

Oh wow! Just gorgeous! Love how the micro beads just add such nice texture and sparkle!

Svetlana Austin said...

this is so gorgeous, Helen! I love the paint work on your project and those beads defiantly add a very special touch to it! Love it! ♥

Leonie said...

Very Beautiful layout Helen.
Gorgeous papers, and great techniques with the chipboard!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love all the detail you added to this beautiful layout.

Alison said...

Beautiful treatment for a fab pic!
Alison xx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, such a gorgeous LO!!!! First I think this father/daughter photo is sooooo precious! Then, your stenciling, gesso, and inking created such wonderful touches throughout!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I am loving all the details here! The micro beads! LOVE!!! and that background is super cool!!! Thanks for sharing how you create it too!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Helen, Helen this is truly LUSCIOUS!! thought it was gorgeous when I saw it on FB but having seen the close-ups I am absolutely blown away!! Amazing work my girl, plain amazing! Mwah!