Saturday 31 March 2012

Sketchabilities Sketch 68 - Chivies Layout and C'est Magnifique Packaging Challenge





Yesterday saw a new reveal go up at Sketchabilities for 
Sketch 68, the last sketch of my 6 month term there, so
 it is goodbye and thank you to Karan for a great time there!

I got myself into a bit of a muddle this month &  used this
beautiful sketch to create my layout for Les Papiers de Pandore
  HERE - then got my posting dates wrong and it went live
 before the reveal so I created a new layout as seen below.  

You can see all the details for the other one posted
 a few posts down HERE and it's also up on the 
Sketchabilities blog aswell.  

challenge as I have used Webster's and Prima
packaging as well as Pion Designs paper from their kits.


I trimmed down the packaging card to get rid of all the
gluey bits then inked around with brown ink.


Roughed up the edges of my patterned paper
 before stitching it down all around.


Made my main cluster using Prima packaging - lots of it!
Mixed up with some Webster's Pages off cut pieces.


The back view of my cluster just to prove to you
that it is REALLY packaging - after all it's so pretty!


I ended up using a piece of Webster's Pages 
packaging and SIX Prima packaging cards! 


Then I added all my details and here we have the result!


I dry-brushed gesso on top of the black backing
 cardstock to draw out the embossed dot design.


I used smaller photos again, from my Instax camera.


I also used gesso under the title alphas to make them pop.


The tassle lace is Prima and the lace doilies are Websters.


I seem to be back in love with BLING again - just a touch!


Supplies List for "Chivies" Layout

Black embossed cardstock - Bazzill Swiss Dot
Printed Paper - Glom Migeg - Pion Design
Border sticker - Kasiercraft - Sweet Nothings
Packaging papers - Webster's Pages and Prima
Off cut papers - Webster's Pages
Ink - Color Box - Toffee & Dark Brown
Lace Doilies & bloom - Webster's Pages
Bling & tassle lace - Prima
Alphas - American Crafts Remarks - Becket - Dandelion
Tiny alphas - October Afternoon Mini Market
Staples and thread - stash




20 comments:

Bellaidea said...

Pretty? yes!Clever? very! cute? Oh yes!

Gayle Price said...

Amazing !! Who thought packaging could look so beautiful, fabulous page. xx

Tracee said...

Beautiful layout! that puss cat is sure cute too! and as an added bonus doing your bit for recycling! Love it all Helen Tx

sandi said...

Oh this is just so pretty and sweet at the same time! Love how you used the pkg's.

Denise Price said...

I love how you put together all that product packaging to make such a lovely cluster!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe, what darling photos featured on a gorgeous layout Helen! Love all the crocheted elements and fancy trim!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* you are sooooooooooo amazing!! I love love love this!! LOVING how you used the packaging!!

Jasmine S said...

Gorgeous Helen. Love seeing how someone else puts their pages together. The prima packaging looked yellow in the first pic and I was squealing wondering which flowers it came with but I think it is green looking at the final page.
Fab page.

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, how amazing does all those layers of packaging & off cuts look!!! Stunning work!

It has been lovely working with you on the sketchabilites DT & you will be sadly missed :(...thanks so much for all your wonderful inspiration!

Perform said...

Absolutely beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with us at C'est Magnifique's packaging challenge!

Unknown said...

Who would've thought those were backings from Prima! You're so creative..the little guy knows how to pose too..

Love the page! Good luck!!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi Marilyn!!!!
Congratulations for be Featured in scrapforhelp!!!
We feel so honored to have you with us!!
I hope to see you next month!!!
Big huges and kisses from Brazil
I love you page look so fantastic sweet !!!!
Cynthia

Alison said...

I keep my Prima packaging too...it's far too pretty to throw away!
Alison xx

Lynnda said...

Another stunning layout Helen...Love how you incorporate those packaging...its good to upcycle/recycle ..Awesome...Congratulations for be Featured in scrapforhelp!..Hugs..xoxo

yyam said...

Oooh...so pretty! Love how you incorporated the packaging!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome use of packaging! Super cute layout!!!!

Mitralee said...

Sweet page! Love it!!!! So, what did you name him after?

Eila Sandberg said...

Very clever to use all the packaging, looks wonderful Helen! and as the icing on the cake - your handome little guy! Really such a cute page too! Mwah!

Unknown said...

How gorgeous is this layout helen love al your layering

hugs carla

Lynette Jacobs said...

OMW...I have always thrown out my packaging. That is what sets you apart as a scrapbook designer...you can find the use for everything. Awesome layout.