Thursday 12 January 2012

The Color Room 92 - Creative Scrappers 190 - Challenge Me Happy Challenge 14 {Love You Layout}


It's 2 a.m here & I've just finished this layout &
photographed it at night.  Not the way I prefer to do it
but I didn't want to delay getting it uploaded to The 
Color Room on time.  I'll take some daylight shots soon &
if they look a whole lot better I may swap them over. 

We've been busy this week with school starting aswell as 
workmen all over the property installing lights around our pool 
area & uplighters in our garden (including wrapping one of 
our Palms with an 18m string of rope lights - looks AMAZING
- photos to follow SOON - our Christmas gift to ourselves!)
I used the romantic palette from The Color Room #92, 
together with the latest sketch from Creative Scrappers (#190)
 & the Inspiration Photo from Challenge Me Happy
(Challenge 14 - Scraplifting Trina McClune) as I thought
they all went together perfectly!

Challenge Me Happy Challenge 14 - Scraplifting 
(Layout below by Trina McClune)
(You still have a few days left to play along)


With the lovely bright photo I chose the "Eggplant/aubergine"
as my base with the Custard Cream around the photo,
bringing in the eggplant & rustic rose through stamping.


I layered up a few Glitz Design Vintage Blue elements 
with some Prima flowers & Evalicious  badges, my
focal point being a stunning bookpaper concertina
flower sent to me by my sweet friend Mitra from NY.


 I punched and inked the border before stamping in the Eggplant &
Rustic Rose.  I cut the heart out of a die-cut card from Glitz 
Design  & raised up both die-cuts for some extra dimension. 


 I chose the title "Love You" as I wanted to keep things simple 
& the Evalicious badge is just so lovely it was quite sufficient 
along with the date.  I have lots of photos of Chelsea & her 
boyfriend Cameron so there'll be plenty of opportunities to
journal on other pages in the future.

Supplies List for "Love You" Layout

 Base Paper - Crate Paper "Prudence Collection" - Virtue
Cream Paper - Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" 
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Floral (blue)
Music sheet paper -Authentique - Collection - "Awe"
Stamp - Glitz Design Flourish
Ink - Cranberry by "Ink it Up!" & Purple (Pretty Color)
Die-cuts - Glitz Design "Vintage Blue"
Flowers - Prima - Coventry Rose "Romantique"
Badges - Evalicious
Ribbon - stash
Alphas - Glitz Design - Teen Alpha - Pearl





35 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Both layouts are spectacular! Love them <3

Bellaidea said...

You know I always love your photos and this time it`s the same stoty.
You must to know by now I really like your scrapy style /with all changes of it too/ so I can only add-stunning!

yyam said...

Love your layout! Glad you kept the elements simple to showcase the beautiful photo of the couple! :)

Marelize said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous Helen! I love your attention to detail! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You SERIOUSLY AMAZE me!! These are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeee all the flowers on the first one! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

STunning work Helen. LOVE LOVE the lift (although I think at Challenge me Happy you cant combine challenges ? Maybe I am wrong) ..love how you put your own spin on it. The colours you chose are gorgeous! Cant wait to see the photos.

Tina said...

Gorgeous Helen! You have outdone yourself!

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow! Love your works! I can never work with so many flowers, though I wish I can*)

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow! Love your works! I can never work with so many flowers, though I wish I can*)

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow! Love your works! I can never work with so many flowers, though I wish I can*)

Stefanie said...

Sleep woman! You're making the rest of us mere mortals look bad!
Love both of them, great colours, composition and layering.

Karen Shady said...

wow... love this Helen. Gorgeous colours, and a lovely photo... I commend you on your weight and fitness goals too, I need to do the ame, i lost alot of weight last year, but really need to do some excersize to build some strength and keep the weight off :) you have given me a much needed boot :)

Shayne said...

Beautiful.

I love it x.

Unknown said...

WOW so beautiful Helen..simple yet elegant!! Love that big heart and the punched border!! :))xx

Mitralee said...

I love this page! And remember making that flower!

Seriously though I kinda got scared when I looked at this week's color challenge. You did an amazing job with pulling it all together. I love the edge treatment you gave it. Thanks for posting it so late. I was (of course it was much earlier at my house) blogging around and spotted it so enjoyed it right before bed!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Very beautiful...and Stef is right you make the rest of us look like total beginners.

Missy Whidden said...

This is beautiful...but then again, everything you create is! I love everything about it...amazing detail! Thanks for playing along with us at CMH!

dstandard said...

This is just amazing! Love what you created here and the photo is awesome!

Carin McDonough said...

Gorgeous layout Helen and that is such a good photo for the middle of the night! I am battling to get decent photos at anytime of the day the moment as we are just living in perpetual darkness! The lights on the Palms sound fantastic! :)

Alison said...

Another gorgeous LO...love the stamping and the colours
Alison xx

Denise Price said...

Well done! I love how you have repeated assorted round elements--so fun! And the inking is rich and gorgeous.

Lea said...

This is so rich and beautiful! I love that paper!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is beautiful...& I'm totally in love with that concertina flower...clicking on link to check out yr friend's blog now:):)

phamil said...

WOW...both are beautiful but that top layout just took my breath away, so beautiful and the colors are so vibrant. Just awesome work!!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

You had me thinking there seriously before I read your text and got it confirmed that the page really is Trina's and not yours ;)) The colours were a tad challening but you did just wonderful with your take. They are such a cute couple Chelsea and her beau! xoxo

scrapbookertink said...

Love the picture and precious layout x

Marilyn said...

Adorable page!!!! love the stamp work... is Beautiful!!!! and the gorgeous photo...lovely couple!!
the colors are vibrant and lovely!!!
You're good with the camera, don't look at all like a night photo, it's perfect!!! Beautiful work!!
Hugs!!! :)

Irini said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout...and Mitra's flower...just gorgeous!
hugz
irini

Marie/Mison said...

Gorgeous page! Thanks for playing along at both Challenge Me Happy and Creative Scrappers!

Hannah Blair said...

This is really gorgeous, I love what you have done with this layout. Thanks for joining in the fun at CMH! :-)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great layout and I love the flowers you added! Thanks for joining the CMH challenge!

Unknown said...

this is SO beautiful...the colors are wonderful! and what a darling photo...well done.

norine said...

Beautiful layout Helen!! I love looking at all the details!! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge Me Happy!!

Katharinka // Kasia Grzegorzewska said...

Wonderful LO!!!
I love all the colors and details :))
The flowers are amazing :D
Katarzyna (Creative Scrappers)

Claire said...

This frame is the sweetest! Me and my BF have got to take a good picture of us and make something like this!