Saturday 10 December 2011

The Color Room Palette 87/Creative Scrappers Sketch 185 {Special Smile Layout}


Here's the layout I promised to share yesterday - for 
The Color Room Palette 87 - which I played with last 
week & got in on time this time!  (Yes I did a card AND
a layout this week) Surprised myself even LOL...
Really beautiful colours - this palette was simply irresistible!
I combined it with an equally gorgeous sketch from 
Creative Scrappers which you can find here

 I inverted the sketch & simplified it a bit by moving 
my title down, thus eliminating the need for the extra 
embellishing at the top.


I have this beautiful girl home for the holidays but am 
having to share her with a {very nice} new boyfriend 
as well as several friends - yup right now she is away 
on the South Coast - but such is life - they grow up :)

 I am STILL loving white...I actually had a crazy idea 
earlier in the year to sell off the bulk of my other 
cardstock colours!  

I realise now that would have been a rash decision 
{especially as I love to play at The Color Room!} 
but nonetheless I do need to top up my stock 
of whites often & love this swiss dot especially!


I am flying through my Prima bling swirls - gosh I 
had forgotten just how much I LOVE the stuff!!


 I misted the flower to get a slightly deeper shade
to better match the palette.  The doily below is
a Fiskars punch, not a die, and I think you'll be
seeing a lot more of it on my pages in future!



Supplies List for "Special Smile" Layout

Cardstock - Bazzill Swiss Dot
Paper - Webster's Pages Western Romance
{Gratitude - both sides}
Fiskars doily punch
Prima Bling Swirls & Bird Cage
Webster's Pages Braid, resin bloom, sparkler,
velvet leaves & organza bloom
Prima Pebble & centre pearl embellisment
We R Memory Keepers Chipboard Words
Amy Tangerine Tag {Studio Calico Exclusive}
My Mind's Eye Ruffle Tissue
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels "Sunshine"
Bling dots - stash





10 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

wow! so cute! and your daughter is just lovely!

Bellaidea said...

Very beautiful layout, I like all details.
Too bad we don`t live in the same town, we could make big swap meetings:)

Alison said...

Gorgeous Helen...that bling birdcage is FAB!
Alison xx

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Helen, what a stunning layout!! That doily looks yummy!! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!! :)))

yyam said...

Oooh..this is gorgeous! I love that bling birdcage and all the lovely details! :)

topkatnz said...

She's starting to look quite grown up indeed. What do you think of the new boyfriend??

Diana said...

that's a punch? cool! does it only punch one size of circle? I'm having a hard time conceptualizing a circular border punch... .

Drjigg said...

You should know precisely what you are interested in when selecting bird cages. It is an extremely important choice for the well-being of the bird cage buy. The bird cage will likely be home for almost all of your bird's everyday living, so the cage should be a secure along with safe spot for birds, as well as a pleasant place to play and rest.

Marilyn said...

I love this page, Helen!! Beautiful!!! everything looks perfect!!!
Hugs!!!

Kerryn said...

Beautiful combination of colours Helen. Enjoy having your girl home with you :).