Wednesday 3 August 2011

Scrap-it-Lah August Challenge {Delightful - Mixed Media Layout} with Iris Babao Uy Guesting & a Studio Calico Prize!






So I am moving & shaking this month...prescheduling this post for 5a.m to get you all out of bed & ready to scrap LOL!  If I can keep at it I have sooooooooooo many layouts to "catch-up" with blogging about!  This one is for SCRAP-IT-LAH, remember that very cool Malaysian based INTERNATIONAL challenge blog that I keep telling you to play along with????



It's a cinch to follow...just one post on the 1st of every month, with your new challenge for that month & what lovely prize is up for grabs, then a post a few days later showcasing the winning layout with a link to the blog concerned (for a bit of limelight & exposure!).  That's it!  So bookmark SCRAP-IT-LAH, add it to your reader, TRY to play along if you can as the prizes are just getting more & more awesome by the month & the challenges are CHALLENGING!




This month we have one of my all-time favourite scrappers Guest Designing for Scrap it Lah - Iris Babao Uy!
Iris has given us an awesome challenge. 

She wants you to have "three things in your layout... stamping, embossing, and misting. Plus there must be at least one raw chipboard to dress up". 
Here is Iris' beautiful sample layout:

The RAK for this month is the very yummy Studio Calico August add-on kit: Sand Castle. If you would like to win the kit, do send us your submission to us via Mr. Linky below or email your layout tochowchow138@gmail.com by the 31st August, midnight (Malaysia time). In the mean time, Scrap-It-Lah!!



Terms and Conditions
All you would have to do is to send in your submissions (we only accept layouts) via the link above by midnight 12pm, Wednesday, 31st August, 2011 (Malaysian time). If you have any problems with the link submission, please notify us at chowchow138@gmail.com. Kindly note that we are unable to entertain any project that is sent after the stipulated time and please note that the project sent should solely be submitted for the Scrap-It-Lah challenge and not for any other challenges. Yes, we welcome international submissions as we would love to see Scrap-It-Lah grow.



I can assure you that if you do the challenge - add MISTING, STAMPING AND EMBOSSING TO YOUR LAYOUT & DRESS UP SOME CHIPBOARD you will end up with one AWESOME layout...just think about it...it's bound to happen right?!



I finally got to use a Studio Calico brick stamp I've had for ages {or was it Cocoa Daisy???} Hmmm....can anyone help me out here?  Anyway, it looks set to take over from my Kaisercraft bubble-wrap stamp as my new favourite background stamp - YES?!?


I stamped it all down each side of my layout - using it in it's entirity - then placing only half of it on my layout & placing plastic underneath my page so that the other half stamped onto plastic & was easy to clean up, then sprinkled clear embossing powder straight on top whilst it was still wet, then heated with my heat gun for a very random effect of half embossed, half not, very "grungy cool!"  

For the misting I sprayed the turquoise gauze used around the right-hand side of my layout & left it overnight to dry, then also dripped some mist using a dropper tool (from my medicine cabinet again LOL) for those nice mauve blobs that are dripping right down the page.  Once I'd made the "splat" I held my paper up vertically & dried with the heat-gun, "chasing" the drip down the page with it - FUN!!!

As you can see I did all sorts of weird & wonderful things with this layout.  
Despite my bad week I still enjoyed some late night studio time "playing" & that is my therapy.  
That way I can go to bed, exhausted but happy that I have achieved something tangible & worth-while rather than what sometimes feels like just chasing my tail all day long :)

SUPPLIES LIST:-

Cardstock - beige - Bazzill
Gesso - Paper Plus
Mist - turquoise - Smooch Spritz "Kiss"
Mist - mauve - Smooch Spritz "Grape Burst"
Brick Stamp - Studio Calico
Black ink - Doodlebug
Clear Embossing Powder - Ranger
Journal Pen - Creative Memories
Decorative Paper Clip - Making Memories
Rub-ons - stash
Gauze - Plasterman "Healthease"
Printed Paper - Meadow Sorbet 06 by Agnieszka Sienkowska - Poland
Staples - Making Memories
Frame, Fern & Bird stickers - Glitz Design
Doily sticker - Hambly Screen Prints
File Tab - Basic Grey
Border sticker - Turquoise - Crepe Paper Lace Stickers - Little Yellow Bicycle
Spotted border sticker on photo - Crate Paper Toybox
Smile Card & Butterfly - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts
"Delightful" title - My Mind's Eye
Stickles - Dark Blue (on top of the chipboard)





26 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this! I love love love that photo, the little froggy and loveeeeee the brick wall! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Heather Jacob said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. Helen absolutely a WOWZER !!!!
HUGZ X

Lisa Amiet said...

This is gorgeous Helen! So bright and colourful! Stunning pic too! Have a great week xoxo

yyam said...

Oh my! This is a stunner Helen! Love the stamping! And the whole whimsical vibe! :)

sandi said...

Wow! Helen this is AWESOME!!!!! I love everything you did for the challenge...you not only did everything, you put it all together sooooooooooooooooo well! That pic is just perfect...love the editing you did!

Jeni O'Connor said...

Wow weee Helen this is amazing. I adore everything about it. Love the stamping and that awesome pic of your boy. He looks so much like mine in this pic. Fabulous!

Rachael Funnell said...

Helen THANKS SO VERY MUCH for your Gorgeous Comments you leave me & I think the SAME about you...... your dedication to comment on all my posts, just don't how you Do it!! But thanks..
I may miss a post here & there BUT you KNOW I think you & your Creations are Totally Awesome!!!
As with your Delightful Layout!!! Oooooooozing with Awesomeness... I real Boy layout!!
FABBO you are a ROCKIN......
xx
*HUGS*

Lea said...

Super cool layout! Love the bricks, the photo effect and overall colors!!! And so many fun little touches, like the frog!

Leonie said...

Fabulous, fabulous layout Helen, the stamping looks awesome, stunning photo editing and how cute is that frog!! love it!

Chowchow said...

This is beautiful Helen. Thanks for the shout out for SIL and I really appreciate it.

Karen said...

What an awesome layout Helen. I love all of the purple accents, perfect for the photo!

Kiki Aposeki said...

It's so beautiful page! Every time I learn something new from you! I send you kisses Greek summer!

Amelia Khalik said...

Gorgeous page Helen. All those mixed media combine in one create a fabulous layout!! :)))

Amelia Khalik said...

Gorgeous page Helen. All those mixed media combine in one create a fabulous layout!! :)))

phamil said...

Wow, you did an awesome job on that! And Iris is quite inspiring for sure, you page is wonderful, so many elements to look at, and I love that brick stamp!!!!!

Diana said...

The originality and creativity you keep displaying are just incredible!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Gorgeous page Helen! love the mix of colours! and awesome photo too!! off to check out the other yummy projects I've missed!! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow, Helen!!!! These are AMAZING!!! Woah!!! BTW - thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog - I would totally love it if you could play along with us at Stuff 2 Scrap!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow!!!!!! What an awesome photo and layout! I love Iris too! Great challenge although I don't know if I'll find the time to participate this month...I'll keep it in mind for the future though!
Hugz!!!

Unknown said...

All I have to say is: Gorgeous!! Love the stamping..Love your BITW LO too..Amazing work, I'm sure if you only have to work with a piece of construction paper, you can do magic with it..Can't wait to see your projects with the tags. Hope you and your family are all doing well. Hugs,
M

scrapbookertink said...

Wow, very different layouts, love all the different elements, will check out that challenge as I have soooo much time at the moment to play and create!

dstandard said...

WOW Helen this is fabulous - so creative and just plain cool!

Kerryn said...

ohhh this is so funky!! I LOVE it!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW this take my breathway Helen!! Your work is amazing and I love coming here for inspiration!! :))xx

tania said...

This is a excellent layout, love the colours and stamping!

Eila Sandberg said...

OH YEAH MAN this one is so totally COOL!! love how you have edited the pic, all the purple and fabbo work going on everywhere! You are wizz Helen! Mwah!