Friday 4 March 2011

Toot! Toot!! I am me Layout {CCG 182}





Yup I got this challenge all done & dusted "a week early" - now why would that be???  Well because I am Featured Member over @ Colour Combos Galore this week that's why - yahoo!!!

If you haven't yet gone to check out the awesome reveal I suggest you click here pronto!  Like now!!




Isn't it gorgeous?!?  Pale palettes are really "my thing" at the moment {but darn I've just been sorting out my black/brown & red cardstock & am onto well over 100...what???  There are a looooot of shades y'know...


So I think I'm gonna be doing some cutting & folding & get some cards prepared with some of that stash {yeah I know I always say that but more cards are coming one day okayyyyyy???} 
So I went a little photo crazy - I found this challenge "challenging {guess that's the point right??} but I loved the end result - used some Maya Road transparency doilies here - lush they are...
Found some gorgeous linen-looking cardstock in my stash from who knows where...got out the gesso, paints, foam paint brush & an old toothbrush & started flicking & dragging...fun...


Went rub-on crazy which is a bit of a revival for me.  Loved playing with texture - I think that is what a limited palette gets you to do, which is a great thing!  Fussy cut some BG Curio there - yummolicious...
Used my left-over Pink Paislee meets House of 3 "ruffle darling" to make my own hand-made flower & inked the artisan elements frame with silver grey (those alterable Pink Paislee's are the shizzle...)
This might just seem like a "pretty page" to you , but that teeny bit of journaling is just the beginning.  I have adhered a whole A4 typed page to the back of this layout that means a lot to me - having only just bought our own house here after 5 {awful} years of renting & finally having the time & space to scrap properly again

I really bundled it on here but it was very therapeutic.  Loved getting to cluster element upon element - I was in shabbylicious heaven!!!  I print my own photos so printed out 4 of this one of me that I took & photoshopped in December (self-timered) 2 in black & white & 2 in sepia, and layered them up for a bit of fun - seeing as I hardly ever scrap myself I thought I may aswell do it 4 times in a day lol...

Supplies:-

Khaki cardstock – Colormates
Cream Linen cardstock – stash
Printed paper – Heidi Swapp {Mood Lighting}
Text fabric paper – Donna Downey for Prima
Gesso – Paper Plus
Cream paint – Making Memories {Manilla}
Silver paint – Heritage
Glimmer mist - Tattered Angels {Snow Queen}
Perfect Pearl mist – Ranger
Transparency doilies – Maya Road
Decorative Clip – Making Memories
Alpha stickers – Basic Grey – Sweet Pea {Alyssa Collection}
Rub-ons – Daisy D & stash
Butterfly rub-on  & vintage pearl buttons– Jenni Bowlin
Birdcage 7 Music notes rub-on – Glitz Design {Love Nest}
Silever rub-ons – Pink Paislee “Vintage Moon”
Swirly border – GCD Studios ‘ArtsyUrban”
Fussy-cut paper & circle accent – Basic Grey Curio
Frame – Pink Paislee – Artisan Elements
Ruffle – Pink Paislee – Parisian Anthology “ruffle darlings”
Silver grey ink – Colorbox
Various distress inks – T!m Holtz for Ranger
Lace ribbon – stash
Chipboard & bling – stash
Journaling card – Cosmo Cricket {Circa 1934}
Journaling stickers – October Afternoon “Thrift Shop”
Dimensional Glaze – Royal Coat
Big pearl – stash
Journaling pen – American Crafts (Brown) 0.3


HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!  I am off to get my nails done - they took a battering with all the painting I've done this week, not to mention that I've also been digging about in the garden planting!

15 comments:

Sophia said...

This is gorgeous, love it, well done on the toot...♥

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, another gorgeous creation Helen, you are so creative, I can never think of layering the photo, super cool effect, love those splash of paint too, great texture, wow, lots of great stuff here! Thanks for sharing!

Jessy Christopher said...

Super gorgeous! What a fantastic layout of yourself. Totally love ur take with the colors. Heart it alot :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Awesome!!! I am so absolutely happy that you are a featured member this week!!! This layout is super hot!!!! You have used the palette well. Gotta say I struggled a bit ! Now I saw yours I realised I had that silver Pink Paislee ribbon...SHOULD have used it cause I struggled to get anything in silver. The photos look amazing. Cant pick you for ...what was it 21? LOL..You look awesome. Keep it up!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Oh my goodness...this is my new favorite! I love the soft colours and the painting is perfect...right down to each paint splat. Perfection my friend.

xx

Stefanie said...

You really created a beautiful work of art. I reckon you'll be invited onto on a design team very shortly. You're up there with the best of them.

topkatnz said...

:)

Diana said...

Wow this is lovely.
Therapeutic... I am all over that!

Unknown said...

congrats i love your page its to Beautiful so are the pictures to...GREAT JOB!

scrapbookertink said...

Well done on CCG's featured member this week, love the close ups of your page gorgeous work.

Heather Jacob said...

wow this is super amazing .. I am lost for words to describe it ..... soooooooooo clever and creative .... love it all of it .. hugz x

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely exquisite work here, Helen!

Unknown said...

How stunning created and the colors are so great
and many wonderful details!!

I wish you very great week to
hugs carla

Marilyn said...

Wow, Helen!! this is GORGEOUS!!!! I really LOVE IT,LOVE IT!!! Love the background work, love the details...this is SPECTACULAR !!! Congratulations on being featured member, I'm so happy for you, well deserve it!! I love your work and photos!!
Hey girl, we have a lot of things in common same age, teenagers, sewing, scrapbooking,love family
photography, etc,...lol!! Take Care my friend!!
HUGS!!!

Jasmine S said...

Yay to you. Congrats on the feature and you have just rocked those colors. Your LO is just beautiful, great pics and I just loved looking at the details in your close ups. Gorgeous.