Tuesday 9 November 2010

I won! I won!! {& another Whoop Whoop!!!} Plus 5 Thoughts...



I'm sure you'll all agree it's about time I won something so imagine my delight when I came across this.  Whoop Whoop!!  And here is a peek of the RAK making it's way out to me as we speak ;-D
 
I spot lots of sentiments there & two packs of acrylic stamps!  Funny 'cos I've been thinking lately that, much as I love to stick to 12" layouts, I really should try to incorporate a card into my scrappy sessions too...you know, with the left over bits that are just sitting there before the clean up begins.  So maybe it's a sign huh?!  We'll have to see ;-D

And another Whoop Whoop is this here.   Recognize that layout on the left?  #156 - Memories to Last Forever?  Yup, that's mine...Featured at Colour Combos Galore.  Next to The Colour Room this is one of my favourite challenge sites right now!  Colour challenges are great at reducing your options & this is a real plus for me.  The less choice the better because I find product selection to be the most difficult part of the creation process, the choice is just so overwhelming ;-D

Okay, enough Toot Tooting for now!  Have been so busy scrapping lately have hardly had time to record anything else!  *** 5 thoughts is about where I'm at, what I'm doing & what's stewing.***

1.  Have had A LOT going on "off the blog lately"... DH has set up a new business in another province earlier this year, which means he is away for weeks on end fairly regularly.  Tough but necessary for us - makes me feel like a single parent during those times - when I AM essentially a single parent.  Don't know HOW single parents actually manage unless they have a lot of help from other members of their family, which I do not!

2.  My dear old house-helper is off on a month's leave & I am her less-than-worthy replacement ;-(... Am spending the entire day doing the laundry & housework & my list of chores is never-ending...Upside is that I am discovering what is malfunctioning & doing the DIY that goes with that, which benefits everyone {no-one tells me their aircons are blowing hot air for example, until I'm in there & discover it myself!}

3.  Didn't get around to Spring-cleaning as Spring is fading now & we are hitting our sizzling Summer - but now that I am cleaning, cleaning, cleaning it is getting me sorting, sorting, sorting & I am decorating A LOT.  Photo posts to follow on that soon!  I keep putting the photo shoot off because things are never 100% perfect but no worries, I'll just shoot from the right angle lol {chuck the mess behind me - ha!}

4.  The literature for my photog course is already coming in so thick & fast via e mail, and this is only the preparation!  I am dwelling on this A LOT...I am really happy that I signed up & have no regrets but I am so going to have to COMMIT...SERIOUSLY...to this...for NINE WHOLE WEEKS in Jan/Feb/Mar & it's going to be tough.  I hate procrastinating though so I'm glad I've dived in & can't turn back now ;-D

5.  Maybe it's all the housework but I have been doing so much THINKING!!!  I am assessing & re-assessing EVERYTHING in my life right now & definitely making progress drawing conclusions & making decisions.  I already have my word for 2012!  "FOCUS" - I am easily distracted {A.D.D!} & get caught up in things all along my journey 'cos I am observant & intrigued by all the details...


{For fun I've decided to always include - in my 5 Thoughts posts - one image of something from my head that probably shouldn't be there ;-D} Javier Bardem - the best part about the movie "Eat, Pray, Love"...

And with that I leave you lovelies  for a warm bed ;-D





9 comments:

Vicki said...

Haha declaration of love - just spotted that LOL. Whoo hoo - toot toot all right, good for you. Thinking, assessing and reassessing is also a type of cleaning???? LOL

Gloria said...

Helen, congrats on winning the RAK, everything looks amazing, I can´t wait to see the cards you will do with them;) I love your word for this new year!!! After I saw that movie, I have been thinking about my word, but can´t figure out one, LOL...I really like yours!

Diana said...

Love this post Helen. Made me laugh out loud, not AT you, WITH you. I would never laugh at someone without helper or husband for weeks on end... .
But seriously I love what I'm reading here, that you're clearing your head as you labour in the house. That happens to me sometimes too and it is so CATHARTIC.
And I love that picture of Javier Bardem. He was very sexy in that movie, wasn't he? And I don't usually fancy him all that much; he has an odd nosebridge. And I've seen him play too many freaky characters in other movies. Benicio del Toro now... mmmmm... .

tania said...

Enjoyed reading your post:)
FOCUS!! What a big word, you know I did a test the other day on ADD, I answered YES to all the questions!! Congrats on your winnings and Good Luck on your course:)Thanks for your sweet comment over on my blog:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congratulations!!!!! Happy for you! Now I can't wait to see your creation with all those new toys!
Regarding scheduling your post, if you look at the bottom left, you should see post option, click on that and you should be able to find "schedule", that is where you pick the date and time for it to come alive, let me know if this helps.

Shayne said...

Wow, fab win. Well done.

Having been a single parent for 5 years i know what it takes. It's damn hard work and involves much planning - so i take my hat off to you!

Yay to the decorating - looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour!

Ella Swan said...

Hi girls! Thanks for the love ;-D Vicki you hit the nail on the head - I've been cleaning out my mind as well as my house! Fab analogy!! Gloria you are welcome to use the word Focus" - I'm sure there will be others who want to use this word too - it's a good one - yes a big one Tania - but I'm hoping it'll do great things for me next year. I should be working smarter as well as harder LOL! Diana you're right - the nose is awful & I've never liked Javier as I've only seen stills of him before & never seen him in a movie - but wow - on the screen - he is smoking! Just watched "Social Network" this weekend & was going to change my screen saver to Jesse Eisenberg but coulcn't bring myself to do it now that I have a teenage son - just seems wrong when they're too young LOL! Thanks Kirsty for the tip - will have a look & see if I can find it - could come in handy when I go away over the holidays ;-D

Jessy Christopher said...

OMG!! You are one fortunate scrapper to win such yummylicious RAK!! Can't wait to see u using them :) Hope u r managing well with ur lovely hse. Well that's what I call a mother's sacrificial love for the family!

Pearl said...

you really get sooo much done , grrl ! you are amazing ! & now to coping with the cleaning too ! oh my !

Woot ! woot ! indeed on the toot at CCG & the sweet stash win !