Sunday 3 May 2009

Layouts 7 & 8 (Backporch Memories)

This fell under the "New Beginnings" Category - as it was about our new kitten Cocoa (new at that time!) I enjoyed all the distressing & added some intentionally messy stitching. I also sewed the transparency (from my Cocoa Daisy kit) over the photo - and, as it has a crown on it, I thought it was appropriately matched to the title. BTW we call her Royalty, because she acts like she is the queen in our house! I'm not crazy about the layout but the photo is gorgeous!


This fell under the "Title using various fonts" category. I do this quite a lot anyway - as I'm forever running out of letter stickers. They are expensive here so I usually buy them one at a time then go back for more to find them gone. I have been umming & aahing over a diecutting machine for years & still am. I actually like the look of stickers - now I'm thinking of buying a whole lot of "Thickers" online from the US rather. They are half the price, but, of course the postage is phenomenal, so anyone from Durbs want to join me? This is the cheapest site for all you AC Lovers out there. You can send me your order & we can share postage. Anyone keen - let me know & we can liaise!


All paper from my Cocoa Daisy kit last month. Got to use up lots of letters. Did a bit of painting just for fun, with my white gesso, that I must tell you seems pretty much just like white paint to me, just thicker. Also a pretty arbitary layout in my opinion but again, I think the photos are too cute. We have a strange situation with this dog. We are very fond of her, as she lives on our property, but belongs to our landlord, Brian. He is out more than he is in (he has a little cottage here) so she loves our company. She is very sweet, but we are not doggy people & have 2 cats, so it is tricky, as Freckles would like to come right into our house & we make her sit on the front door mat just within our lounge. She is very good though & accepts it. I thought she deserved a layout as we do love her ;-D

7 comments:

Bernadine said...

Helen woul love to join you with the "thickers". When would you like to place the order? I just need a chance to go and have a look. Tried to find some when I was in JHB but could not. :) What you can do for me is keep them until you post the Cocoa Daisy kit for me to save on postage. :)

topkatnz said...

great LOs Helen ... my fav is Cocoas ... how is she?? wish they could stay kittens forever eh? ... always wondered about gesso ... what does one do with it????? good luck on finding some folks to share p+p for your thickers. I have just bought a stash of them off Trademe and anxiously awaiting their arrival!!

Shayne said...

Have mailed you re the Thickers. Cute kitty!

Desire Fourie said...

Helen, I think these layouts are some of your best. The distressing looks fantastic and of course ... starting off with a good photo, is half the battle won. Freckles look really shame. Hugs from Desire

Stefanie said...

What's not to like about the LO's.
I do think you're being a little tough on yourself today? Read Tracy G loved the convention...still think we made the correct choice though. There is going to be one in CT in October, I may just enroll for that.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Lovely layouts Helen...I love the bling around the kitten!

Jacqui said...

The layout of Freckles is lovely and she is so cute that it's good to have one of her as well as your own animals.