Saturday 2 May 2009

Celebrate Everyday Life (In Style).

I am SO excited BECAUSE I have just discovered this.

I registered here ages ago as I have heard a lot about them over the last few months & thought they were bound to come in handy for something. I got talking to my brother-in-law about them last weekend as I suggested they make a Baby Album using one of their templates. Turns out they already know about Shutterfly (having spent the last 3 years in America as he is married to an American) & have made a Shutterfly book before. So today I decided I would have a look at all the templates on offer. None of the others appeal, but this one is just up my street! When you think about the price, compared to what "real" scrapbooking costs, it is actually a cheaper option. I think this will be my first foray into the world of digital scrapbooking. Sure any digi fundis out there will be chuckling right now as it is a simple drag & drop technique but, hey, I've got to start somewhere!

So I have begun my "Everyday Life" album & expect it to take me months to complete as I want to choose my photos & my words carefully & I'm sure I don't have enough unscrapped photos in my "family" folder to make a complete book right now. I intend continuing to manually scrap photos for each of my kids individual albums but want to try to reserve family photos for my new online project. Imagine how exciting it will be when I finally finish, pay (the least exciting part...) & eventually receive my hard-cover, glossy page "coffee table style" book, all about us! It would also make a great (though pretty extravagant) gift for relatives.

What do you think? Is this new to you or do you already know all about it? Anyone out there given it a go & have a book already???

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh yeah, I agree, you have to start somewhere and one of these books would definitely make a fabulous and extra special present for a family member.

topkatnz said...

Really interesting stuff Helen ... no, had never heard of it ... quite cool.

Jenny said...

I have heard of them and know a few people who have ordered them and been very happy

Desire Fourie said...

TFS this great idea of at shutterfly ... will have to go and investigate, because a real hard copy coffee table book depicting one's own life, is really appealing.
PS: Sorry I have tagged you again for the 8 things, forgetting you have already been tagged for this. So just ignore. Hugs from Desire

Monique Liedtke said...

No I haven't seen the book before, but the idea is great!! Can't wait to see what you make of it!
About deleting my lo from the LSS blog, please don't worry! I made a bit of fun about it on the forum, but really it's no big deal. I'll upload it again as soon as I get home.
By the way what a terrific layout you made with all the flowers, the messy hair miss!! Really love it!
Monique

Mette Thomas said...

A few people i know do one at the end of the yr collating memories of the yr. Which is an idea i really like.

A girlfriend of mine does one every yr by collating all her blog entries and photos - its a great way to look back on the yr.

Mette

Jacqui said...

The photographers also offer to do a book for you of the pics you choose from the photo shoot (you know like the one we've just had done) so it seems to be taking off. I think it's great but unfortunatelly not in our budget at the moment.