Thursday 5 February 2009

Valentine's day is looming...



I found this layout on the Banana Frog Blog & thought it was cool. Add them to your Google Reader as they deliver a daily dose of inspiration to your doorstep! I ordered a chipboard heart series to run across the bottom of the page - I ordered 2 in fact, because I was going to make it into a double layout, but of course, only one got delivered as there was only one in stock, so it's destined to be a single page after all...

Is it just here in South Africa or does this happen at online stores all over? Surely she could have contacted me BEFORE sending my order, to ask if I still wanted it or would rather choose another 2 of something else? Anyway, a single page will still be nice, it should just be my choice, not somebody else's,lol!

As soon as I can print a nice photo I will get to it, but I am STILL waiting for dear Anton to appear with my extra RAM, that he assures me is what my poor pc needs to cope with processing 8 ooo images every time I log onto Picasa. Let's hope he's right...



My dh faithfully reads my blog posts every day so I can't say too much more about it in case he gets his hopes up (may not have time to make you anything, honey,lol!) but I did love this mini book from Ali Edwards - was this girl just born to scrap or what?! Why can't she get it wrong, just once, to make us all feel better???!!! It's so clean & beautiful...

I have an idea for what I want to do but not sure if I'll manage. I have hubby's birthday on Monday & have been instructed not to buy him anything, so am having to haul out my
instead. Will post pics next week once he's seen it (whatever it may be darling!!!)... ;-)

What are you making for your loved one/s?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about me getting my hopes up. You never dissapoint me, never let me down & you never fail to inspire me. You're a delight to live with & I love you to bits! xx

Jessica said...

Haha :) Made me smile today :)

I love the heart strip - I thought you had hand-made it by stamping and cutting out all those hearts ... too bad you only had one. But, the layout turned out beautifully!

I recently doubled my RAM. It was disappointing because my performance didn't really pick up that much. And DH kept asking how it was running ... I didn't want to disappoint him ... but I couldn't even notice a difference!!!

I'm not sure what I'll do for V-day this year. DH's birthday was last week. The kids and I will definitely make him valentines out of construction paper and I might make him a mini-album ... we'll see :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about online stores. Even though the site states that the item is 'in stock', i then get a phone call to say that they dont have them at all. and I end up with a store credit. So Australia has probs too.

As for valentines day, well I dont know what to do except make a nice card. We have decided to go out to dinner with the 2 kids (on 13 Feb). They are our valentines too.