Tuesday 11 November 2008

It's been a Crazy, busy week ALREADY...

Jack with 2 of his many trophies! Some guys have all the luck...



Here on the right we see a rare photograph of Jack with a smile on his face! The football pitch is the place to be to catch that...

On the left here we have Jack & his long-time friend, Daniel, enjoying a sunny day in Umhlanga.



And it's only Tuesday! Funny how some weeks fly & others seem to pack in SO much. I can't bear the end of year, dunno 'bout you, but, just as we are all starting to feel exhausted, the schools decide that we would all like to participate in Art Auctions, Fashion Shows, Supper Theatres, Prize Givings & the like. No, No, No! We have to spread ourselves over 3 different schools 'cos little one is at Junior Primary, boys are at Senior Primary & big girl is at High School, so we're spread pretty thin at times!

Last night was Prize Giving at the local Football Club & Jack walked away with Sportsman of the Year in his age group for the 2nd Year running!! That trophy shelf of his is actually getting too small now...no jokes. While I was obviously delighted for him (Football is his passion & he is a dedicated team player) I couldn't help but cry inside for my little boy who came home empty-handed yet again...being Jack's baby brother is a tough act to follow :-( I tried my best to console him & wish I knew where I could buy the trophies so I could get him his own collection. He may not be the most co-ordinated boy on the planet (he is dyspraxic), but he is sure the sweetest, & boy does he try...

Tonight we had to tread the highway AGAIN for the Scholarship Awards Ceremony at Jack's new High School, where he starts next year. We are very impressed with his new school & the fee reduction ,thanks to Jack's efforts, is a welcome blessing. Hope that is the end of the night-time activities, for this week at any rate! Exams are still underway here so the advantage is I don't have to listen to techno "crunk" (?), (more like 'crud' if you ask me)...every afternoon/evening...I DEFINITELY had better music taste in the 80's!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo - way to go Jack. The schools do that to us here as well - everything and anything gets packed into the last term and its just so chaotic and costly! LOL