Friday 31 October 2008

Another scrapping day on Wednesday


My teenage son, Jack, ever-cool, lying on his bed Mxing It, as usual...
My two "Young-uns" on The Promenade in Umhlanga a few weeks ago (note the ship in the background) just as the sun was setting...we enjoyed pizzas for dinner at M & A at Umhlanga Sands. Sadly, we've had no time to get back there despite good intentions...

I cracked the nod for another lovely morning with dear "Cyber Chum" as she's affectionately known..we indulged in delicious lunch, courtesy of My Chef (think that was the day before actually and Wednesday was Woollies...) anyway, time for a little speel on My Chef. Do look up the website, particularly if you are Durban-based, as it is a wonderful concept and I have it on good authority (from several scrapaholics!) that it is also truly a 'Delicious Lifestyle'. Did any of you notice that I managed to do my little thang there with the "Create-a-Link" function that I just learnt today? Not too shabby...

As we all know, Scrapbookers have far more important things on their minds than food. Yes, we like to eat it but, no, we have no time to cook it, so My Chef is the way to go! Delicious meals delivered to your door, all prepped and portioned, with just a few minutes to go. Expensive by grocery store standards, yes, but not by Woollies prepared food or takeaway/takeout comparisons, so I have placed my first order and am giving it a go...

So spent another happy morning scrapping (and chatting!) and was late to pick up my daughter (as usual, poor waif!). She had told me that they were finishing half an hour early as it was orientation day for the 2009 Grade 1's and I forgot! I am a good mother, really... Anyway, it wasn't all bad, she got her homework done like the good morsel that she is and I got all the kids home and fed before heading out with my son Jack, for some project shopping. First stop, Mica (local Hardware chain) for some plywood, hinges and clear epoxy. Looking forward to seeing how his toys turn out for tech...ever hopeful! Dropped him off at tennis and collected Chelsea for some car company and off we went to Mt. Edgecombe for a spot of Scrapping Retail Therapy.

No great shakes here either. I never seem to find a good time to shop at this particular (mini) chain. I arrived at 4, thinking I had an hour, only to wonder why I was being stared out at 4.3o! Upon enquiry I discovered that they closed at 4.30 so had to hurriedly conclude my purchases. Never a great selection of neutral plains anywhere here I find, but I did find something new and beautiful...not sure if they may have proccessed it themselves in store through one of their diecut machines with an embossing function. Some very cool plain cardstock with a tiny raised dot all over, so Fontwerks 2008 Jo'burg Convention. Got a coupla sheets of all my faves, black, white, beige, brown and grey plus a few cool prints. Going for bold, saturated graphic ones at the mo, American Crafts style, but this particular brand is not easy to find here...

Also found some nice local chipboard shapes (seems to be something local manufacturers can produce well) but no nice alphas and not much new in the way of embellishments. Anyway, came home clutching my little Inspiration parcel and my wet son (it had started raining during his tennis lesson and me, being in a store, was oblivious to this fact!) so, yet again, I failed in my mothering duties...On the upside he was cool with it (he's cool with everything at 13)and, in my favour, it had only started raining 10 minutes before I arrived, which is as long as it took me to drive to fetch him, so, even if he had phoned me I couldn't have got there any sooner. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! (lol)

For some peculiar (must be hormonal) reason I spent 3 hours in the kitchen cooking up a storm and we all enjoyed a delicious dinner AND dessert (quite unusual to hit the jackpot twice in my house...) I made the most delicious brownies (inspired by Tracy Julien's obsession!) and let my little girl do the icing and sprinkles so mum was in everybody's good books before bedtime again...

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hi and thanks for that comment you left on my blog. I opened my pc this morning to that so believe me YOU made my day.

That cardstock is the new bazzill and it should have been the same price as the other bazzill. Dont you just love it.

BTW our profiles are so similar!! (on blogger that is)

Stefanie said...

Hello there, great to find a fellow SA scrapper and I appreciate that you've signed up as a follower so I can visit your blog too. I am loving the blogging life and have made many new friends through it. Would be great if you submitted something for the journalingjunkie blog, if you wanted to submit a LO as a challenge to the team I would feature you as a guest designer for that week. LMK, my email is on the jj blog.